The wedding Industry Awards 2015
we are delighted to be informed last week that we had been nominated for the 2015 Wedding Industry Awards. This was a very nice surprise as we received the news for our nomination in the category “North West Wedding Photographer of the Year”. this is the first time we have been nominated for such an award. It is especially nice as the nomination comes from a bride and groom and only couples who have used our services can vote.
Here is some info from the website, which you can check out here.
- Awards will be presented in 25 categories across 7 geographical regions of England.
- Regional shortlists for each category are drawn up using average voter scores AND judging panel input. Every entrant who receives votes will be examined by the judging panel during the competition.
- The regional shortlists for each category will be announced on this web site at the end of October.
- NEW! The regional award winners in each category will be announced and presented at a series of regional events in mid-late November.
- Each regional winner will automatically go through to the national final.
- The national winners will be announced and presented live on stage at the awards event in January, 2015.
- It is not simply about the total number of votes received (just because one wedding supplier does more weddings than another doesn’t necessarily mean that they are ‘better’). So, each entrant’s average voter score will be calculated and used throughout. The proportion of each entrant’s eligible voters who vote will be also be taken into account where necessary and applicable. Use of each entrant’s average voter score enables suppliers of all sizes to compete on a level playing field. This is a vital aspect of these Awards.
The voting process takes around 4 or 5 minutes…more news will be posted here as it comes out!